hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Commit Log format
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 17:01:09 GMT
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <jon@cloudera.com> wrote:
> I've been marching through the CHANGES.txt file for 0.92 -- and have found
> some bugs in the jira and in the CHANGES.txt file itself (will submit patch
> to fix these).

Thanks boss.

> If we are going to depend on the jira to auto generate, it is becomes
> really important to update fix version on the jira if we are going to use
> the JIRA to autogenerate it!  I've been going through an updated the empty
> ones I've noticed.

Agreed and thanks for the fixup.

> This brings up another question -- as I've been going I noticed some are
> marked 0.90.5 but also have been committed to the 0.92/trunk branches.  If
> a patch committed to multiple branches such as trunk/0.90 branches, my
> opinion is that it the fix version include both 0.90.5, 0.92.
>  Alternately, we could assume that any 0.90.5+ is in 0.92.

My gut reaction is that we mark in JIRA all the versions the fix will
show up in.   0.90.5 is a little awkward since CHANGES.txt has been
kept-up old-style manual edit but I think that when it comes to
0.90.6, 0.94.0, etc., future versions, lets just mark a fix's
inclusion in the one place only (In JIRA).

Good stuff,

View raw message