hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase 0.90.4 missing data in production
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:13:04 GMT
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Vladimir Rodionov
<vrodionov@carrieriq.com> wrote:
> There are no ERRORs and FATALs in Region Servers logs except one FATAL I have already
posted. HLog sync
> I am asking expert advise: what else should I check?

8 rows out of 10k?

Can you find what the 8 are?  Can you go do the src data to figure
which?  Can you see anything in particular regards this 8 rows and
say, those around them?  Once you have the 8 rows, can you see where
they were inserted?  Can you figure time of insertion?  Can you see if
anything happened to the data at that time?   Can you look in the
regions?  Look at the hfiles under the region.  Use the tool here:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hfile_tool.  See if the rows are in
there?

St.Ack