hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: An 0.92.0 Release Candidate this week?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:53:27 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Eric Yang <eyang@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> For improving installation experience for HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.20.205,  I wish we
could get these patches
> into 0.92.0 RC:
>
> HBASE-4415 Add configuration script for setup HBase (hbase-setup-conf.sh)
> HBASE-4523 dfs.support.append config should be present in the hadoop configs, we should
remove them from hbase so the user is not confused when they see the config in 2 places
> HBASE-4535 hbase-env.sh in hbase rpm does not set HBASE_CONF_DIR
> HBASE-4635 Remove dependency of java for rpm/deb packaging
> HBASE-4498 HBase RPM/DEB packages attempt to setup ZooKeeper environment incorrectly
>
> Patches are available for all jiras and reviewed.

These patches look innocuous enough.  If they all go in, what will we
have?  A script that can install and configure an hbase?  We'll have a
new /share dir in our tar ball when its undone.  What else will they
give us?

Thanks Eric,
St.Ack