hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Time for 0.90.5
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:50:06 GMT
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> The SU cut was at a fairly arbitrary point to pick up a particular few
> bugs fixes.  I wouldn't put much weigth in the particular point at
> which we cut; we'll run whatever the 0.90.5 RC is on our clusters
> before +1ing it.

Yep - though I briefly thought about whether it would make sense to
call your revision 0.90.5 and push the rest to 0.90.6, it was a silly
idea :)

It's just nice to look at that as a line in the sand between stuff
we're confident in and stuff we haven't tested significantly yet. A
couple big things went in after what you're running, including
HBASE-3777 (new connection pooling stuff), a couple more split-related
bugfixes, etc. We should focus our 90-branch testing on those newer

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

View raw message