hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: patch maturity and HBase release Was: HBASE-4120 table level priority
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:33:51 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:
> Todd,
>
> I am curious what you mean here.  How is adding a test suite better than
> annotating different tests in the TestNG or Junit 4 style?

By "test suite" I wasn't referring to an implementation style. I'm
referring to a testing style in which the tests would run against a
real live deployed cluster, generate load, run for several
hours/continuously, etc.

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/trunk/test/system are the
tests I referred to from Accumulo.

-Todd