hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: An 0.92.0 Release Candidate this week?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:11:26 GMT
I'd prefer not to make any changes to our existing tarball structure
for the sake of packaging.

I've always believed that packaging should be done external from a
project - this is the successful model used by 99.9% of all packaged
Linux software. Shuffling around our tarball layout for the sake of
packagers is not maintainable, as packages on different
OSes/distributions may have different requirements.

-Todd

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Eric Yang <eyang@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> For improving installation experience for HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.20.205,  I wish
we could get these patches
>> into 0.92.0 RC:
>>
>> HBASE-4415 Add configuration script for setup HBase (hbase-setup-conf.sh)
>> HBASE-4523 dfs.support.append config should be present in the hadoop configs, we
should remove them from hbase so the user is not confused when they see the config in 2 places

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera