hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proper pace for JIRA integration
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:51:59 GMT
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> There was also some work to insure that we compile and run against 0.22, but I don't
think anyone would actually deploy and use such a configuration.

There will be some deployment of .22 in big shops as far as I know. Whether they
will also deploy HBase .92 or something else on top of it -- that
remains to be seen.

Well, my question was basically about what post .21 release of Hadoop HBase
.92 might be interested in supporting out of the box and it looks like
the answer is
.22. I'll setup an integration validation job over here and will
report the results:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Hadoop%200.22/
(btw, once Bigtop 0.2.0 gets release we'll have a trunk that can
support 0.20.205 + .92).

Of course, we can all benefit from more integration tests available in
Bigtop, so if the community
could donate some of the integration tests, that I'm sure folks tend
to have in various
forms, that'll make it even easier for us to assess how healthy .92 is.

Thanks,
Roman.