hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92/Hadoop 0.22 test results
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:29:31 GMT
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> What happened above between 00:43:40 and 00:44:31?

Not much judging by the logs. In fact that's part of the issue here I think.

> A big old GC?

Unlikely -- the RS had tons of Heap, but of course anything's possible.

> This is a standalone instance with all running in the on VM?

That's a small cluster running on EC2. So at the very fundamental levels
these are VMs, yes. But for all practical purposes -- it is a fully distributed
standalone set of servers.

> The YouAreDeadException happens usually when the master has figured
> the RegionServer is dead before the RegionServer has figured it out.
> This can happen when say, the RS has GC paused and first thing it does
> when it comes out of the pause is it heartbeats the master (Meantime
> its probably running the zookeeper session expiration code
> concurrently).

Right. I'll try to look into that in my testing. I also bumped to the timeout
up to a minute (which I'm really nervous about, though). Lets see...

View raw message