hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92/Hadoop 0.22 test results
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 00:27:29 GMT
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe the following is related ?

It very well may be, but I can't explain it -- that's the trouble. I'm
running close
to capacity -- true, but it used to work before. That's part of the
reason I CCed
Konstantin (the other part is that scary message about not being able to do
append).

My next try is going to be to have a run where all DNs never go above 50%
of storage utilization. If that cures it -- fine, but it still makes
up a pretty scary
failure scenario.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. And there's also this consideration -- after my Load test fails all other
HBase and hadoop/HDFS tests seem to pass. So the cluster is definitely
getting to stable state after that failure.