hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase .92 maven artifacts compiled against different releases of Hadoop
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:01:35 GMT
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> We have maven profilles in our pom for different hadoop versions.
> This implies build per hadoop version.

Correct. What I'm thinking is that when you build using one of those
profiles you get bits which are incompatible with a different version
of Hadoop. As such we need to figure out a way of making these
artifacts available independently or at least converge on a single
version of the artifact.

The question is -- how. I could see various technical approaches
to this, but I wanted to ask the project first.

> Should we ship an hbase version per hadoop version we (claim
> to) support?

In fact having different tarballs for different distros is also part of
the question.

Thanks,
Roman.