hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase .92 maven artifacts compiled against different releases of Hadoop
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 03:26:48 GMT
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Eric Yang <eyang@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> No, that is not what I proposed.  I proposed having different test profile to test against
different Hadoop releases.
> Ultimately, HBase published pom will have one major version of Hadoop artifact as an
dependency.  Quote from my own words:
for one major release of Hadoop to reduce risk.

I see this as neither practical, nor desirable. A proper place for any kind
of stack validation is outside of HBase (be it Bigtop or your company's
distribution). I'd rather see HBase itself (as a project) be as Hadoop
agnostic as possible.

View raw message