hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: An 0.92.0 Release Candidate this week?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:15:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>> HBASE-4415 Add configuration script for setup HBase (hbase-setup-conf.sh)
>> HBASE-4523 dfs.support.append config should be present in the hadoop configs, we
should remove them from hbase so the user is not confused when they see the config in 2 places
>> HBASE-4535 hbase-env.sh in hbase rpm does not set HBASE_CONF_DIR
>> HBASE-4635 Remove dependency of java for rpm/deb packaging
>> HBASE-4498 HBase RPM/DEB packages attempt to setup ZooKeeper environment incorrectly
>>
>> Patches are available for all jiras and reviewed.
>>

> These patches look innocuous enough.  If they all go in, what will we
> have?  A script that can install and configure an hbase?  We'll have a
> new /share dir in our tar ball when its undone.  What else will they
> give us?

Sorry, for perhaps being dense, but where's the patch that would
introduce /share and such?
I'm really nervous about reshuffling the bits at the last moment (if
ever) since I already had
some bad experience with Pig and how Pig/HBase integration  broke after that.

Thanks,
Roman.