hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase 0.92/Hadoop 0.22 test results
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 17:26:51 GMT
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roman:
>> 11/11/08 00:44:31 WARN util.Sleeper: We slept 38891ms instead of
>> 3000ms, this is likely due to a long garbage collecting pause and it's
>> usually bad, see
>
> 3000ms is the default value for hbase.regionserver.msginterval
> Obviously it is too short for the validation scenario.
>
> Can you increase its value and perform another round of test ?

Sure, but I have always thought 3000 was long enough for a tiny
cluster. We're not talking hundreds of nodes here. Has something
in HBase architecture changed so that this value now needs to be
bumped?
  <property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.msginterval</name>
    <value>1000</value>
    <description>Interval between messages from the RegionServer to HMaster
    in milliseconds.  Default is 15. Set this value low if you want unit
    tests to be responsive.
    </description>
  </property>
hanks,