hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Return value from RegionObserver.preIncrement()
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:10:21 GMT
Hi Daniel,

This indeed looks like an oversight. Could you create a JIRA for it please?

Thanks,
Lars

On Nov 30, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Daniel Gómez Ferro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RegionObserver.preIncrement() receives a Result object which it can modify if it wants
to return directly to the client. However the only way of modifying it that I could find is
through Result.readFields(). That would require the user to create the Result object he wants,
serializing it and then deserializing.

> I think it would be better to either change preIncrement() to return a Result object
or add a setter to Result. We could also change preIncrement() to receive a List<KeyValue>
like preGet() does.