hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: An 0.92.0 Release Candidate this week?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:12:27 GMT
Jira was down last night.  A new patch has been uploaded for HBASE-4337 to match HBase directory
layout same as Hadoop directory layout.  The new share directory is undone for the existing
directory layout.  The default directory layout is the existing HBase layout.

The binary only layout, and can be build using:

mvn clean package -P binary,deb,rpm -DskipTests

Patch for HBASE-4337 depends on HBASE-4415, 4523, 4635, 4498.
Let me know if there is any questions or concerns.  Thanks

regards,
Eric

On Nov 2, 2011, at 12:08 PM, Eric Yang wrote:

> Those patches provides:
>
> - A script that can configure HBase.
> - Ability to setup unsecure HBase on Secure Hadoop.
>
> Those jiras provide the basics setup which integrate well with other Hadoop components,
and I plan to get HBASE-4337 done by tomorrow.

> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Stack wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Eric Yang <eyang@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> For improving installation experience for HBase 0.92 with Hadoop 0.20.205,  I
wish we could get these patches
>>> into 0.92.0 RC:
>>>
>>> HBASE-4415 Add configuration script for setup HBase (hbase-setup-conf.sh)
>>> HBASE-4523 dfs.support.append config should be present in the hadoop configs,
we should remove them from hbase so the user is not confused when they see the config in 2
places