hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: An 0.92.0 Release Candidate this week?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 01:26:34 GMT
Hi Andrew,

The patch does not advertise Secure HBase, but provides ability to setup non-secure HBase
on Secure HDFS.  It would be a release note documentation process to set the right expectation.
 Secure HBase features can be added separate from setup scripts.  Does this sound like reasonable?
 Once HBASE-2742 and HBASE-3025 are committed.  Additional knobs can be added to the setup
script in separate jiras.  Would this work?  It would be helpful to keep evolution progressing
than patch left out and become out of date.

regards,
Eric

On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> Eric,
>
>> It is optional to use the configuration scripts, but it is a good starting point

>> to show people how to configure a secure cluster.
>

> As I mentioned on 4415, the script as is won't set up "secure HBase" as it will be defined
beyond just HDFS level stuff. I think it is premature.