hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject on HBase 1.0
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:50:24 GMT
It's possible a release of 0.20.20X (X=5 I think) as Hadoop 1.0 is imminent.

The Hadoop 1.0 release is an acknowledgement of reality -- 0.20 branch is in production at
many places.

I know we agreed to separate HBase versioning from Hadoop versioning, but if we continue
to number HBase as 0.X after there is a Hadoop 1.0, there is an implicit marketing message
that we feel HBase is not as ready as Hadoop.

I propose that we consider, if and when Hadoop 1.0 is released, that we release HBase 1.0
off of the 0.92 branch. A subsequent release off of trunk could be 1.1 or 2.0 at the discretion
of the RM and community consensus.

Best regards,

   - Andy