hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vrodio...@carrieriq.com>
Subject RE: HBase releases...
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 00:15:00 GMT

Just today 3 our region servers went down for no obvious reason and M/R jobs started failing
after that (we are on 0.90.4 + some Ted's patch)
You have a already  lot of features , could you please focus on just two of them : performance
and stability of a core functionality.

We need Put, Get and Scan.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: vrodionov@carrieriq.com

From: Jonathan Gray [jgray@fb.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:35 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: HBase releases...

+1 on all of this below.

I'm all for frequent releases.  Big features move to branches and the author is required to
keep it up against whatever the current trunk is.

And by forcing ourselves to keep features/improvements into trunk rather than into the currently
active branch, we will incentivize ourselves to push forward new releases to get the goodies
;)

JG