hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Akash Ashok <thehellma...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple WALs
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 15:09:23 GMT
Hey,
I've see that setting writeToWAL(false) boosts up the writes like crazy. I
was just thinking having MuiltipleWAL on HBase. I understand that this is a
consideration in BigTable paper that a WAL per region is not used because it
might result in a lot of disk seeks when there are large number of reasons.
But how about having as many WALs as the number of HardDrives in the system.
I see that the recommended configs for HBase are 4 - 12 hard drives per
node. This might kick the writes up a notch.

Would like to know the general opinion on this one?

Cheers,
Akash A