hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase releases...
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:17:50 GMT
ok, my $.02

HBase has plenty of features that already make it worthwhile to use, so
stability is lot more important than features (at this stage of HBase's
life).

Once the core is super-solid, it is easier to add features and yet produce
stable releases quickly.

Items which are really not "features", but improvements to the core itself
(eg, prefix compression, or hfile v2), have to be rolled out cautiously with
lots of thorough testing.