hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Analyzing output of Jenkins build Was: Jenkins build is back to normal : HBase-TRUNK #2304
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 17:04:35 GMT
Scott:
Do you have time to write a script for analyzing output of Jenkins and put
it on HBASE-4480 ?
Here is some idea from Ramkrishna:

All statements that has Running in it can be parsed to see if the every next
Running happens after one hop.
Like if the first Running happens to be in 11th line the next Running should
be in 13th.
If this breaks some where then that test is hanging.
This is just one idea. If we can figure out something better we can take it
up.

Cheers

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Jesse Yates <jesse.k.yates@gmail.com> wrote:

> The script to do this was written in 4480. Just needs some +1s a
> - It works pretty well.
>
> We might want to also mod it to take in a file that is the output of a run
> and analyze that.
>
> - Jesse Yates
>
> Sent from my iPhone.
>
> On Oct 8, 2011, at 2:51 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Parsing test output will do.
> >

> > On Oct 7, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Akash Ashok <thehellmaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ted & Ram
> >>
> >> Just Figured out the hung test case both in
> >>

> https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK/2303/console
> >>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK/2304/console
> >>
> >> Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.slab.TestSlabCache
> >> Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.TestFixedFileTrailer
> >> Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.858
> sec
> >>
> >> TestSlabCache is the culprit
> >>
> >> Just copied into noteped++ and searched for running and it highlighted
> it
> >> and it was easier to find  :)
> >>
> >> And about the script. Is the idea to parse this output and figure out
> the
> >> hung test case or is there a plan to parse the surefire reports xml?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Akash A

> https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK/2303/console

Java