hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: review request: HBASE-4508 Backport HBASE-3777 (connection sharing) to 0.90 branch
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 03:57:54 GMT
Ted,

I've posted a version of the 0.90 .META. rebuild that doesn't require
HBASE-4508/HBASE-3777.  The failure I encountered had to do with a cached
HConnection and a what I think is a bug in deleteAllConnections in the 0.90
branch.   Specifically in 0.90 HConnectionManager.deleteConnection closes a
specific connection and removes it self from HBASE_INSTANCES, a singleton
map of instances.  The aggregate version,
HConnectionManager.deleteAllConnections, closes all the connections but does
*not* remove the HConnections from HBASE_INSTANCES.

When the running a full shutdown and restart of a minicluster, we have the
same configuration and get a stale closed connection and get failures from
that.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)