hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase backups
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:19:40 GMT
Nice!

> There is a fair bit of definitions, architecture overview, setup
instructions, etc that we put in an internal wiki… wondering what is a
good place to put them?

The site docs (book.xml) seem a good place for them after commit, and the HBase wiki before.

Best regards,

       - Andy

HBASE-4618 as an umbrella task for figuring out how to opensource the backup solution we are
building internally, and continue building the rest of it in opensource itself.

>One small question: There is a fair bit of definitions, architecture overview, setup instructions,
etc that we put in an internal wiki… wondering what is a good place to put them? The purpose
of this is for people newly wanting to investigate Hbase backups (what they are, how to setup,
etc) as well as a reference location for people who already know about Hbase backups but want
to lookup the steps to set them up. Javadoc may not be the ideal location for this.