hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject HBase releases...
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:22:30 GMT
HBase 0.90 was released Jan 2011. By the time HBase 0.92 is released it will probably be close
a year between stable releases.

Should we try to have more frequent, smaller releases? Maybe 3-4 a year.
For example I would almost say that the performance enhancements from the Facebook guys would
warrant a new (performance) release "shortly" after 0.92.

That would hopefully reduce the time and effort needed to stabilize the releases, at the expense
of having to
maintain two or even three branches in addition to trunk that people would still be actively
using.

Thoughts?

-- Lars