hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Should I use HBASE?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:34:57 GMT
This sounds like you will have about 500 million rows in your database after
6 months.  To my mind, this is at the level of inconvenient for a
conventional database, but hardly impossible.

HBase will definitely hold this much data.  It would probably help you to do
some slightly clever tricks to use wider tables.  The openTSDB project [1]
is an excellent example of how this can be done with metric data.

[1] http://opentsdb.net/