hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject HBASE-4358
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 02:25:51 GMT
I ran unit tests for HBASE-4358 patch 3 and they passed.

The only issue remaining is in TableMultiFamilyHandler.java
  @Override
  protected void updateTableDescriptor(HTableDescriptor desc)
    throws IOException {
    // just ask all of the sub-operations to update the descriptor
    for (TableFamilyHandler op : operations) {
      op.updateTableDescriptor(desc);
    }
  }
where we don't have ACID guarantee that either all modifications go through
or none of the modifications go through.

If the above is Okay, I can add javadoc for the above at time of commit.

If anyone thinks this is not good, please comment on ways of supporting ACID
guarantee.

Thanks