hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 09:19:10 GMT
Note that even though you list tomcat as a 'competitor' to apache, one
would never really choose between one or the other for a given task.
But people might easily choose Accumulo over HBase for the exact same
task. And they would be probably not choose both.

Just thinking out loud. I of course want HBase to be highly successful
for personal reasons.  So just wandering thru the ways in which this
might or might not be beneficial to HBase.

View raw message