hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject New HBase Logo
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 04:30:56 GMT
Your PMC voted the following as the new HBase logo:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12492477/01.jpg

It will replace the now retired bass clef that has served us well down
through the years.

We hope you like it.

The process by which we came up with this design was long and
torturous.  Hopefully we will not have to ever repeat it.  At one time
the thought was to have the broad hbase community vote on the logo but
getting your PMC just to agree on a small set of contenders was like
pulling teeth; painful all around (engineers and design == not such a
good mix).  May you all forgive us for keeping the decision committee
small.

We'll roll it out in the next day or so.

A new website redesign is also on its way.  Hopefully that will show
up soon too.  We'll keep you posted.

Yours,
St.Ack

P.S. Thank you to dezinden on 99designs for the winning logo
P.P.S Thanks to StumbleUpon for forking over the dollars to fund the
99designs competition