hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 20:21:14 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> So, would the ASF allow incubation of a web server product, for
>> example nginx (which is a direct httpd competitor)?
>
> Yes, why not?
> You are assuming:
> - competition is bad
> - community is impartibel

Can we move the 'competition is good', etc. discussion to another
thread preferably off the dev list.

I'd suggest we refocus this thread on how to respond to the Accumulo
proposal (or whether to respond at all), since thats what we 'know'.
I think it'd be useful correcting at least the 'unlikely tos' with
pointers to committed code.

Code overlap, if any, can be addressed when the code drop happens.

St.Ack