hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:35:19 GMT
I applied your patch to 0.92 and trunk.
St.Ack

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep
<jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> Just filed a jira with patch for this. See HBASE-4447.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joep
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 9:21 PM
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable
clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Jesse Yates <jesse.k.yates@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You should be able to pretty easily set in in the pom (under
>> properties), and then just use in the <version> tag.
>>
>
> Where are the pom properties Jesse?
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
>> That way whenever you want to to bump version numbers, its one easy change.
>>
>> -Jesse Yates
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I changed versions.  How would you make hbase.version work?  Looks
>>> like you can't set project.version.  I could change it to
>>> ${hbase.version} but then how to do the default value?
>>> St.Ack
>>>
>>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep
>>> <jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
>>> > Trunk should probably go to get a newer version as well (0.93?) Can
>>> > you make the version a property that I can override using
>>> -Dhbase.version=0.92-my-own-name?
>>> >
>>> > Thanks,
>>> >
>>> > Joep
>>> > -----Original Message-----
>>> > From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
>>> Stack
>>> > Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 8:23 PM
>>> > To: dev@hbase.apache.org
>>> > Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
>>> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
>>> proposal]
>>> >
>>> > That makes sense.  Let me make the change.
>>> > St.Ack
>>> >
>>> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <
>>> jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
>>> >> Michael,
>>> >>
>>> >> Should the version in the pom on the 0.92 branch point to
>>> 0.92.0-SNAPSHOT?
>>> >> If so I can file a bug and supply patch for same.
>>> >> Or are you updating that only when you get ready for a release?
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks,
>>> >>
>>> >> Joep
>>> >> -----Original Message-----
>>> >> From: Rottinghuis, Joep [mailto:jrottinghuis@ebay.com]
>>> >> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 6:02 PM
>>> >> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
>>> >> Subject: RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
>>> >> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
>>> >> proposal]
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks St.Ack!
>>> >>
>>> >> Joep
>>> >> -----Original Message-----
>>> >> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf
>>> >> Of Stack
>>> >> Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:12 PM
>>> >> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
>>> >> Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
>>> >> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
>>> >> proposal]
>>> >>
>>> >> I was sort of waiting on a clean build to TRUNK before branching.
>>> >> I
>>> think we should be there in next hour or so.  I'll branch this
>>> evening or by tomorrow morning.  That OK w/ you Joep?
>>> >>
>>> >> St.Ack
>>> >>
>>> >> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <
>>> jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
>>> >>> Any update on the 0.92 branch getting cut?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Cheers,
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Joep
>>> >>> ________________________________________
>>> >>> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
>>> >>> Stack [stack@duboce.net]
>>> >>> Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:42 PM
>>> >>> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
>>> >>> Subject: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
>>> >>> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
>>> >>> proposal]
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I'd like to propose branching friday week, the 16th.  Hopefully
>>> >>> that will might get folks to focus on these last outstanding
>>> >>> issues (of which there are quite a few).
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Thereafter we need to work on stabilization which I'm sure will
>>> >>> turn up at least one bug, maybe two (smile).  Stabilization will
>>> >>> run for a good while I'd say and will take some effort all
>>> >>> around.  Only bug fixes should go into 0.92 branch (J-D might
>>> >>> have to tie me to the mast).
>>> >>>
>>> >>> Should we discuss in a separate whether to pull in security?
>>> >>>
>>> >>> St.Ack
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Purtell
>>> >>> <apurtell@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>> >>>> I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build
for
>>> >>>> Maven
>>> modules and supporting RPC engine variants. I would still have the
>>> same opinion if not for recent events.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth,
>>> >>>> then
>>> a parallel refactor of the build could happen, with a final merge step.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> Best regards,
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>    - Andy
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> On Tue Sep 6th, 2011 12:02 PM PDT Gary Helmling wrote:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>>> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and
src tree layout.
>>> >>>>>> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching
is
>>> >>>>>> taking too long.
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
>>> >>>>>> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security
now
>>> >>>>>> + before
>>> >>>>>> we branch or after
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll
open a
>>> >>>>>new thread to take a vote on converting trunk back in to
maven modules.
>>> >>>>>This is what would be necessary to integrate the various
>>> >>>>>security
>>> bits.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at
the
>>> >>>>>end of May/beginning of June:
>>> >>>>>http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until
after
>>> >>>>>branching
>>> >>>>>0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire
>>> >>>>>source tree around.  So I have been holding off on this
on my
>>> >>>>>own discretion and any delay sits mostly with me.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't
branched.
>>> >>>>>In hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process
would
>>> >>>>>go on, I think the thread might have reached a different
conclusion.
>>> >>>>>In any case, I think it warrants another discussion.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>--gh
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message