hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jesse Yates <jesse.k.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:25:43 GMT
Yeah, that works too. Generally, I think people go with project.version, but
it doesn't really matter ;)

-Jesse

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <jrottinghuis@ebay.com>wrote:

> Just filed a jira with patch for this. See HBASE-4447.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joep
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 9:21 PM
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another
> BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
>
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Jesse Yates <jesse.k.yates@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > You should be able to pretty easily set in in the pom (under
> > properties), and then just use in the <version> tag.
> >
>
> Where are the pom properties Jesse?
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
> > That way whenever you want to to bump version numbers, its one easy
> change.
> >
> > -Jesse Yates
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I changed versions.  How would you make hbase.version work?  Looks
> >> like you can't set project.version.  I could change it to
> >> ${hbase.version} but then how to do the default value?
> >> St.Ack
> >>
> >> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep
> >> <jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> >> > Trunk should probably go to get a newer version as well (0.93?) Can
> >> > you make the version a property that I can override using
> >> -Dhbase.version=0.92-my-own-name?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> >
> >> > Joep
> >> > -----Original Message-----
> >> > From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
> >> Stack
> >> > Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 8:23 PM
> >> > To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> >> > Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
> >> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
> >> proposal]
> >> >
> >> > That makes sense.  Let me make the change.
> >> > St.Ack
> >> >
> >> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <
> >> jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> >> >> Michael,
> >> >>
> >> >> Should the version in the pom on the 0.92 branch point to
> >> 0.92.0-SNAPSHOT?
> >> >> If so I can file a bug and supply patch for same.
> >> >> Or are you updating that only when you get ready for a release?
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks,
> >> >>
> >> >> Joep
> >> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> >> From: Rottinghuis, Joep [mailto:jrottinghuis@ebay.com]
> >> >> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 6:02 PM
> >> >> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> >> >> Subject: RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
> >> >> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
> >> >> proposal]
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks St.Ack!
> >> >>
> >> >> Joep
> >> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> >> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf
> >> >> Of Stack
> >> >> Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:12 PM
> >> >> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> >> >> Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
> >> >> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
> >> >> proposal]
> >> >>
> >> >> I was sort of waiting on a clean build to TRUNK before branching.
> >> >> I
> >> think we should be there in next hour or so.  I'll branch this
> >> evening or by tomorrow morning.  That OK w/ you Joep?
> >> >>
> >> >> St.Ack
> >> >>
> >> >> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <
> >> jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> >> >>> Any update on the 0.92 branch getting cut?
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Cheers,
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Joep
> >> >>> ________________________________________
> >> >>> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
> >> >>> Stack [stack@duboce.net]
> >> >>> Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:42 PM
> >> >>> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> >> >>> Subject: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo,
> >> >>> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a
> >> >>> proposal]
> >> >>>
> >> >>> I'd like to propose branching friday week, the 16th.  Hopefully
> >> >>> that will might get folks to focus on these last outstanding
> >> >>> issues (of which there are quite a few).
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Thereafter we need to work on stabilization which I'm sure will
> >> >>> turn up at least one bug, maybe two (smile).  Stabilization will
> >> >>> run for a good while I'd say and will take some effort all
> >> >>> around.  Only bug fixes should go into 0.92 branch (J-D might
> >> >>> have to tie me to the mast).
> >> >>>
> >> >>> Should we discuss in a separate whether to pull in security?
> >> >>>
> >> >>> St.Ack
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Purtell
> >> >>> <apurtell@apache.org>
> >> wrote:
> >> >>>> I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build
for
> >> >>>> Maven
> >> modules and supporting RPC engine variants. I would still have the
> >> same opinion if not for recent events.
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth,
> >> >>>> then
> >> a parallel refactor of the build could happen, with a final merge step.
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> Best regards,
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>>    - Andy
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> On Tue Sep 6th, 2011 12:02 PM PDT Gary Helmling wrote:
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>>>> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and
src tree
> layout.
> >> >>>>>> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching
is
> >> >>>>>> taking too long.
> >> >>>>>>
> >> >>>>>> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
> >> >>>>>> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security
now
> >> >>>>>> + before
> >> >>>>>> we branch or after
> >> >>>>>>
> >> >>>>>>
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>>This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll
open a
> >> >>>>>new thread to take a vote on converting trunk back in to
maven
> modules.
> >> >>>>>This is what would be necessary to integrate the various
> >> >>>>>security
> >> bits.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>>The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at
the
> >> >>>>>end of May/beginning of June:
> >> >>>>>http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>>I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until
after
> >> >>>>>branching
> >> >>>>>0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire
> >> >>>>>source tree around.  So I have been holding off on this
on my
> >> >>>>>own discretion and any delay sits mostly with me.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>>Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't
branched.
> >> >>>>>In hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process
would
> >> >>>>>go on, I think the thread might have reached a different
> conclusion.
> >> >>>>>In any case, I think it warrants another discussion.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>>--gh
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message