hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:51:20 GMT

There was a discussion over the weekend on the incubator dist-list about
Accumulo and describing what was borrowed from Hadoop-core and Hbase.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201109.mbox/%3C8
96611333.83615.1315154356465.JavaMail.root@linzimmb04o.imo.intelink.gov%3E

5400 lines: slightly modified versions of Hadoop BCFile and related classes
            (our current file format extends BCFile)
4300 lines: heavily modified versions of MapFile and SequenceFile
            (no longer our default file format, but still included for
backward compatibility)
2000 lines: heavily modified versions of HBase BlockCache and related files
            (Adam didn't count the tests when he said 1500 lines)
1300 lines: heavily modified versions of Hadoop BloomFilters
419 lines: modified Hadoop TeraSortIngest to sort data using Accumulo
325 lines: our Value is an immutable version of Hadoop BytesWritable
142 lines: modified ClassLoader based on commons-jci ReloadingClassLoader