hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 13:40:52 GMT

That's a good point.  But the fact that Apache HTTPD is implemented in C,
and Tomcat is in Java I think is material.  While they compete for web
server users, they have very different implementations.

If ASF had two active Java webserver communities and codebases (e.g.,
"Tomcat" and "Timdog") I think that it would be a bit confused.