hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 18:33:48 GMT

They apparently have a very strong relationship with HBase...    ;-)

"Apache Brand

Our interest in releasing this code as an Apache incubator project is due
to its
strong relationship with other Apache projects, i.e. Hadoop, Zookeeper,
and HBase."

It's disappointing that these guys watched HBase develop in public over
the last few years and they still went ahead with their own thing in
private despite the "strong relationship.

Not the first time this has happened in software, and won't be the last.

(sigh).