hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rottinghuis, Joep" <jrottingh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 03:24:37 GMT
Trunk should probably go to get a newer version as well (0.93?)
Can you make the version a property that I can override using -Dhbase.version=0.92-my-own-name?

Thanks,

Joep
-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 8:23 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone,
has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]

That makes sense.  Let me make the change.
St.Ack

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Should the version in the pom on the 0.92 branch point to 0.92.0-SNAPSHOT?
> If so I can file a bug and supply patch for same.
> Or are you updating that only when you get ready for a release?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joep
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rottinghuis, Joep [mailto:jrottinghuis@ebay.com]
> Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 6:02 PM
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, 
> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a 
> proposal]
>
> Thanks St.Ack!
>
> Joep
> -----Original Message-----
> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of 
> Stack
> Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:12 PM
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, 
> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a 
> proposal]
>
> I was sort of waiting on a clean build to TRUNK before branching.  I think we should
be there in next hour or so.  I'll branch this evening or by tomorrow morning.  That OK
w/ you Joep?
>
> St.Ack
>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
>> Any update on the 0.92 branch getting cut?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Joep
>> ________________________________________
>> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack 
>> [stack@duboce.net]
>> Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:42 PM
>> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
>> Subject: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, 
>> another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a 
>> proposal]
>>
>> I'd like to propose branching friday week, the 16th.  Hopefully that 
>> will might get folks to focus on these last outstanding issues (of 
>> which there are quite a few).
>>
>> Thereafter we need to work on stabilization which I'm sure will turn 
>> up at least one bug, maybe two (smile).  Stabilization will run for a 
>> good while I'd say and will take some effort all around.  Only bug 
>> fixes should go into 0.92 branch (J-D might have to tie me to the 
>> mast).
>>
>> Should we discuss in a separate whether to pull in security?
>>
>> St.Ack
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
>>> I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build for Maven modules
and supporting RPC engine variants. I would still have the same opinion if not for recent
events.
>>>
>>> How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth, then a parallel
refactor of the build could happen, with a final merge step.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>>    - Andy
>>>
>>> On Tue Sep 6th, 2011 12:02 PM PDT Gary Helmling wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and src tree layout.
>>>>> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching is taking 
>>>>> too long.
>>>>>
>>>>> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
>>>>> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security now 
>>>>> + before
>>>>> we branch or after
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll open a new 
>>>>thread to take a vote on converting trunk back in to maven modules.
>>>>This is what would be necessary to integrate the various security bits.
>>>>
>>>>The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at the end of 
>>>>May/beginning of June:
>>>>http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1
>>>>
>>>>I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until after 
>>>>branching
>>>>0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire source 
>>>>tree around.  So I have been holding off on this on my own 
>>>>discretion and any delay sits mostly with me.
>>>>
>>>>Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't branched.
>>>>In hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process would go 
>>>>on, I think the thread might have reached a different conclusion.  
>>>>In any case, I think it warrants another discussion.
>>>>
>>>>--gh
>>>
>>>
>

Mime
View raw message