hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rottinghuis, Joep" <jrottingh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 03:02:53 GMT
Michael,

Should the version in the pom on the 0.92 branch point to 0.92.0-SNAPSHOT?
If so I can file a bug and supply patch for same.
Or are you updating that only when you get ready for a release?

Thanks,

Joep
-----Original Message-----
From: Rottinghuis, Joep [mailto:jrottinghuis@ebay.com] 
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 6:02 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone,
has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]

Thanks St.Ack!

Joep
-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:12 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone,
has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]

I was sort of waiting on a clean build to TRUNK before branching.  I think we should be there
in next hour or so.  I'll branch this evening or by tomorrow morning.  That OK w/ you Joep?

St.Ack

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Rottinghuis, Joep <jrottinghuis@ebay.com> wrote:
> Any update on the 0.92 branch getting cut?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joep
> ________________________________________
> From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack 
> [stack@duboce.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:42 PM
> To: dev@hbase.apache.org
> Subject: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another 
> BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
>
> I'd like to propose branching friday week, the 16th.  Hopefully that 
> will might get folks to focus on these last outstanding issues (of 
> which there are quite a few).
>
> Thereafter we need to work on stabilization which I'm sure will turn 
> up at least one bug, maybe two (smile).  Stabilization will run for a 
> good while I'd say and will take some effort all around.  Only bug 
> fixes should go into 0.92 branch (J-D might have to tie me to the 
> mast).
>
> Should we discuss in a separate whether to pull in security?
>
> St.Ack
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
>> I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build for Maven modules and
supporting RPC engine variants. I would still have the same opinion if not for recent events.
>>
>> How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth, then a parallel
refactor of the build could happen, with a final merge step.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>    - Andy
>>
>> On Tue Sep 6th, 2011 12:02 PM PDT Gary Helmling wrote:
>>
>>>> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and src tree layout.
>>>> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching is taking 
>>>> too long.
>>>>
>>>> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
>>>> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security now 
>>>> + before
>>>> we branch or after
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll open a new 
>>>thread to take a vote on converting trunk back in to maven modules.
>>>This is what would be necessary to integrate the various security bits.
>>>
>>>The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at the end of 
>>>May/beginning of June:
>>>http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1
>>>
>>>I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until after 
>>>branching
>>>0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire source 
>>>tree around.  So I have been holding off on this on my own discretion 
>>>and any delay sits mostly with me.
>>>
>>>Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't branched. 
>>>In hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process would go on, 
>>>I think the thread might have reached a different conclusion.  In any 
>>>case, I think it warrants another discussion.
>>>
>>>--gh
>>
>>

Mime
View raw message