hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottinghuis, Joep" <jrottingh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2011 03:42:46 GMT
Any update on the 0.92 branch getting cut?

Cheers,

Joep
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack [stack@duboce.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:42 PM
To: dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Branching for 0.92 [WAS -> Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone,
has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal]

I'd like to propose branching friday week, the 16th.  Hopefully that
will might get folks to focus on these last outstanding issues (of
which there are quite a few).

Thereafter we need to work on stabilization which I'm sure will turn
up at least one bug, maybe two (smile).  Stabilization will run for a
good while I'd say and will take some effort all around.  Only bug
fixes should go into 0.92 branch (J-D might have to tie me to the
mast).

Should we discuss in a separate whether to pull in security?

St.Ack

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
> I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build for Maven modules and supporting
RPC engine variants. I would still have the same opinion if not for recent events.

> How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth, then a parallel refactor
of the build could happen, with a final merge step.