hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottinghuis, Joep" <jrottingh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Should I use HBASE?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:44:20 GMT
Look at OpenTSDB which collects exactly those kinds of measurements and inserts them into HBase.
It already comes with a collector to grab tons of OS metrics and it is fairly easy to add
more yourself.

Cheers,

Joep
From: stable29 [arpitak29@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:08 AM
To: hbase-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Should I use HBASE?

Currently I am using RDBMS in my project. My project basically monitor
servers. It has to collect the information from all the servers ( no. of
servers could be very huge) every 5 minutes and store it in the database.
storing all the servers information ( around 10000 rows will be inserted
with logical comparison) within 5 minutes itself is challenging for RDBMS
database. we have to maintain around 6 months data in the database.
So,that’s why the data amount becomes very huge. This is the primary
requirement of our project and if it works good then this could be used
widely. Basically I like to know if at all the Hbase could enhance the
writing and reading time of the database and could be used to scale the
database in great respect.