hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject HBCK reporting of possible mismatch in RS assignment
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:16:11 GMT
Hi All,

I have a query regarding the report generated by HBCK.

Assume there are two RS-  RS1 and RS2.

A region R1 is being opened in RS1.  If it takes more time to open
particularly in the updateMeta part.  So now if the transition from OPENING
to OPENED fails(due to timeout monitor reassigning) though we clear the info
of this region in RS1 we do not clear the entry that was updated in Meta.
So META will have an entry for RS1 hosting R1.

Now the assignment of R1 to RS2 becomes successful but we have two entries
in META for the same region.

If we run the HBCK tool it reports an inconsistency saying region assignment
in META is RS1 but actually assigned to RS2.

Is this expected or we need to dig in more and make the HBCK aware of such
scenarios ?

Pls correct me if am not correct in my query?

Best Regards

Ram