hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.umg.char...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decisionmaking [was: Re: New HBase Logo]
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:21:20 GMT
Hi,

For upcoming Apache James 3.0, we have a call for a new logo at
http://james.apache.org/#logo

We already have a few proposals, and the call is still ongoing. We will
open the vote to everyone when james 3.0-final will be released, but I
expect some discussions on the choice, and maybe some reactions against
any change. I'm sure we will have many votes because people like that
kind of things. However, we will loose some control on the project
image... It's a bit a trade-off... So if HBase PMC came to a agreement,
I think it's really fine and we should trust all the process that occurred.

I can't find back the article where it is explained why software
developers are no good at graphic/color design (it was very
instructive...), so I think using a professional company like you did is
a good idea.

Btw, will
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12492480/H.gif be the
avatar for twitter account...? If such, it would be nice to have HBASE
written down the big H as baseline.

Eric

--
Eric