hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Secure Hadoop and non-secure HBase
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 01:00:53 GMT
Hi Gary,

This is exactly what I missed.  Without those settings in my hbase-site.xml, I saw these messages
in regional server log file:

2011-09-09 17:28:14,172 WARN org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Couldn't setup connection for hbase@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM
tonn/hrt8n37.cc1.ygridcore.net@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM
2011-09-09 17:28:14,172 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Problem renewing lease for
DFSClient_hb_rs_hrt8n38.cc1.ygridcore.net,60020,1315520835373_1315520835752
java.io.IOException: Call to hrt8n37.cc1.ygridcore.net/98.137.233.217:8020 failed on local
exception: java.io.IOException: Couldn't setup connection forhbase@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM to nn/hrt8n37.cc1.ygridcore.net@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM
       at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:1104)
       at $Proxy9.renewLease(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:82)
       at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:59)
       at $Proxy9.renewLease(Unknown Source)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$LeaseChecker.renew(DFSClient.java:1176)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$LeaseChecker.run(DFSClient.java:1188)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The region server can respond query but data is not committed to HDFS.  I manually run kinit
on the command line, and the log shows:

2011-09-09 17:28:50,466 INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: Initiating logout
for hbase@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM
2011-09-09 17:28:50,466 INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: Initiating re-login
for hbase@TEST.EXAMPLE.COM

I will put the keytab and kerberos.principal in the configuration file to verify token renewal
in HBase.  Thank you.

regards,
Eric