hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stable29 <arpita...@gmail.com>
Subject Should I use HBASE?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:08:20 GMT
Currently I am using RDBMS in my project. My project basically monitor
servers. It has to collect the information from all the servers ( no. of
servers could be very huge) every 5 minutes and store it in the database.
storing all the servers information ( around 10000 rows will be inserted
with logical comparison) within 5 minutes itself is challenging for RDBMS
database. we have to maintain around 6 months data in the database.
So,that’s why the data amount becomes very huge. This is the primary
requirement of our project and if it works good then this could be used
widely. Basically I like to know if at all the Hbase could enhance the
writing and reading time of the database and could be used to scale the
database in great respect.

Sent from the HBase - Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.