hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:44:25 GMT
I also agreed at the time to hold off refactoring the build for Maven modules and supporting
RPC engine variants. I would still have the same opinion if not for recent events.

How much work remains for 0.92? If more than a few week's worth, then a parallel refactor
of the build could happen, with a final merge step.

Best regards,

    - Andy

On Tue Sep 6th, 2011 12:02 PM PDT Gary Helmling wrote:

>> Seems like committing it will disrupt the build and src tree layout.
>> Gary was holding off till we branched but 0.92 branching is taking too
>> long.
>>
>> + Lets branch this friday, or next?
>> + And or, run a vote on whether we should commit security now before
>> we branch or after
>>
>>
>
>This is getting off topic for the current thread, so I'll open a new thread
>to take a vote on converting trunk back in to maven modules.  This is what
>would be necessary to integrate the various security bits.
>
>The last discussion we had on this was on the dev list at the end of
>May/beginning of June:
>http://search-hadoop.com/m/iXZmd2aZwBE1
>
>I agreed as much as anyone that we should hold off until after branching
>0.92 in order to avoid the disruption of moving the entire source tree
>around.  So I have been holding off on this on my own discretion and any
>delay sits mostly with me.
>
>Of course, that was three months ago and we still haven't branched.  In
>hindsight, if we were aware how long the 0.92 process would go on, I think
>the thread might have reached a different conclusion.  In any case, I think
>it warrants another discussion.
>
>--gh


Mime
View raw message