hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Neerja Bhatnagar <neerja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Scan returns fewer columns after a few minutes of insertion
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:38:11 GMT
Hi J-D,

Thank you very much! Hopefully, this iteration clears it up for me.
The batchSize is set to 1. I tried the same code with batchSize set to
nothing or the same number as the number of columns in my column family.
When the batchsize is not set, or is set to the number of columns in the
column family I am retrieving from getMap or getFamilyMap, then the entire
result (as expected) is returned.

Is batchsize setting the number of columns to return, rather than number of
rows?
I am sorry,  to me it is not clear if the API is for setBatch in Scan is
row-oriented or column-oriented.

Perhaps, I should use the PageFilter to limit the number of rows retrieved
from HBase?
setBatch

public void *setBatch*(int batch)

Set the maximum number of values to return for each call to next()

*Parameters:*batch - the maximum number of valuesYour help is much
appreciated. Cheers, Neerja