hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Neerja Bhatnagar <neerja...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase Scan returns fewer columns after a few minutes of insertion
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 00:09:37 GMT
Hi,

I am sorry if this question has been resolved before. Thank you for your
help.

I am seeing really strange behavior with HBase Scan.

I insert 1 row into a table named test, 1 col family named testColFam, and 3
columns : foo (with value foo), bar (with value bar), and id (a unique id).

I wait 5 minutes, and run the following code to retrieve the row ---

HTablePool htablePool = new HTablePool(config, maxsize);

HTable table = (HTable) htablePool.getTable("test"); // test is the
tablename

Scan scan = new Scan();
scan.addFamily(Bytes.toBytes("testColFam"));
scan.setStartRow(Bytes.toBytes("")); // scan from the first row
scan.setBatch(batchSize);

ResultScanner resScanner = table.getScanner(scan);
Iterator<Result> resultIterator = resultScanner.iterator();

Result result = resultIterator.next();

result.getMap();

the result.getMap() behaves differently based on time-elapsed. If I run this
code as soon as I have inserted the data, the 3 columns in the 1 row are
returned as expected.

But after some time elapses, scan returns fewer columns per row each time.

Can anyone please help me with this? Please let me know if you need more
information.

Do I need to set the timerange or something to make sure that all columns
are returned?

Cheers, Neerja