hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBASE-4089 & HBASE-4147 - on the topic of ops output
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 02:43:36 GMT
Cassandra is not a big table clone.

Bigtable specifies 2 things:
- a data model with column families, etc
- a distribution model, a distributed architecture, etc

Only HBase provides both these things.  Cassandra provides elements of
(a) and uses the dynamo model to do distribution.

I believe in HBase because I think it's distribution model is simpler,
more robust and reliable than the dynamo model.