hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: FW: Process RIT for META and ROOT- Do we really need to wait for timeout period?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:32:28 GMT
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Ramkrishna S Vasudevan
<ramakrishnas@huawei.com> wrote:
> What you say is when the master sees it in OPENED state.  But if the META
> was in OPENING state in zk and that time the master goes down.  Now when the
> master comes up again then the master will try to process the OPENING state.
>
>        regionsInTransition.put(encodedRegionName, new RegionState(
>            regionInfo, RegionState.State.OPENING,
>            data.getStamp(), data.getOrigin()));
> It will add the RIT as OPENING in master's memory and will wait for the
> timeout monitor to deduct the same.
>
> That's why I thought we need not make the META region to wait for so long in
> master restart/switch scenario.  Correct me if am wrong.

if you see possibility for cutting down the time a .META. is offline,
please file an issue Ram.  If you have a patch all the better.  I'm
not following what you are referring to exactly -- I have a notion --
but I'm pretty sure its me being extra thick rather than your
explanation above.

Good on you Ram,
St.Ack