hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBASE-1730 and HBASE-4213
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:29:21 GMT
In my opinion we have three options:

(a) have the two contributors work together on a single JIRA
(b) factor out what's common between their approaches into a new JIRA,
then let them proceed independently
or (c) let them proceed independently, and whichever one reaches a
suitable commitable state first, we go with

If they both become committable around the same time, then we should
go to benchmarks as well as comparisons of which codebase seems more
maintainable.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon