hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: "already online on this server" - still buggy?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 04:51:48 GMT
Hi Ryan

This problem could be due to Racy TimeOut Monitor.
Pls check for the JIRA defects like HBASE-4060, HBASE-3669 may be you can
relate this to your current defect.

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Rawson [mailto:ryanobjc@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 9:52 AM
To: hbase
Subject: "already online on this server" - still buggy?

Hi all,

I think we still have a hole in the RIT graph... I get messages like
this in my RS:

2011-08-08 04:17:48,469 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler:
Attempted open of <region_name>. but already online on this server

And the master UI says the region continues to hang out in
"PENDING_OPEN" in the RIT graph.

Why is this still happening? This was a major issue in the old master.
 And still broke?

-ryan