hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject FW: Process RIT for META and ROOT- Do we really need to wait for timeout period?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 06:31:48 GMT

Hi All,

The scenario is while opening META region the master goes down and the state
in zookeeper is RS_OPENING for META.  Now when the master comes up it will
process the RIT.  Here master has to wait till the timeoutmonitor deducts it
that the region has not been opened.  So if we have some default value for
timeout then for the META region to comeup itself it may take more time.

Any comments on this ?

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramkrishna S Vasudevan [mailto:ramakrishnas@huawei.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:48 PM
To: 'dev@hbase.apache.org'
Cc: 'ram_krish_86@hotmail.com'
Subject: RE: Process RIT for META and ROOT- Do we really need to wait for
timeout period?

Hi Ted,

Yes load balancer does not move catalog tables.

The scenario is while opening META region the master goes down and the state
in zookeeper is RS_OPENING.  Now when the master comes up it will process
the RIT.  Here there is a waiting done till the timeout deducts it.  This
iswhat i was telling Ted.

May be i did not mention the scenario clearly in the prev mail.Sorry :)

Regards
Ram